Effective date: June 09, 2018
LNS Group (hereinafter referred to “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://www.lns-group.com/ website (the “Service”).
1.1 Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
1.2 Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
1.4 Data Controller
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
1.5 Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
1.6 Data Subject
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
1.7 Representative in the EU
A person appointed by our company as a contact for all questions on data protection from EU citizens and data protection supervisory authorities.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
2. Information Collection and Processing of your Data
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
2.1 Types of Data Collected
2.1.1 Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Bank details
- Affiliated organizations
- Cookies and Usage Data
2.1.2 Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
2.1.3 Location Data
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
2.1.4 Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
2.2 Uses of Data
LNS Group uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service ;
- To notify you about changes to our Service ;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so ;
- To provide customer support ;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service ;
- To monitor the usage of our Service ;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues ;
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
LNS may store and use your data to share with you new products, company news, events and sales quotes. You will only receive emails if you have specifically opted to do so and you may opt out of receiving any or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting our Data Controller.
2.3 Processing of the Child’s Data
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact our Data Controller. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Where the child is below the age of 16 years, processing shall be lawful only if and to the extent that consent is given or authorized by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
2.4 Retention of your Data
We are required under Swiss law to keep your personal data for ten years after which time it will be destroyed. This may include but is not limited to:
- Commercial correspondences ;
- Invoices ;
- Contracts ;
- Records and any other documentation relating to customs operations.
We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
LNS Group will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
2.5 Transfer of your Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If it is possible, we only transfer in third countries that have ratified the Convention of 28 January 1981 for the Protection of Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data of the Council of Europe.
If you are located outside Switzerland and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Switzerland and process it there.
2.6 Disclosure of your Data
2.6.1 Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, LNS Group may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
2.6.2 Legal Requirements
LNS Group may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation ;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of LNS Group ;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service ;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public ;
- To protect against legal liability.
2.7 Security of your Data
We have a data protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
3. Your Rights
3.1 Access to your Personal Data
LNS Group aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR and Canada and USA legislation, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Data:
- Access and receive a copy of Personal Data we hold about you in a commonly used electronic format ;
- Rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate or out of date ;
- Request the deletion of Personal Data held about you ;
- Request that the Data Controller where possible, to transmit that data directly to another Data Controller ;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing ;
- Unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
To exercise all these relevant rights contact directly our Data Controller.
Whenever made possible, you can update your Personal Data directly within your account settings section.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We do not charge for this service and your request will be processed within 7 business days of the date on which we receive it and in any event no more than one month. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests.
3.2 Withdraw your Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time but this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
3.3 Right to Complain to a Data Protection Authority
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your Personal Data not in accordance with the law you have the right to make a complaint directly to a supervisory authority within their own country.
3.4 LNS’s Data Controller and Representative in the EU
Our Data Controller is:
Mr. Laurent Pham, Marketing Manager LNS Group, LNS Management SA
Route de Frinvillier
2534 Orvin – Switzerland
Our Representative in the EU is:
Mr. Laurent Pham, Marketing Manager LNS Group, LNS Management SA
Route de Frinvillier
2534 Orvin – Switzerland
3.5 Personal Data Breaches and Notification
In case of Personal Data breach, our Data Controller must communicate with affected Data Subject within 72 hours of discovering the data breach unless one of the three exemptions is satisfied:
- The breach is unlikely to result in a high risk for the rights and freedoms of data subjects;
- Appropriate technical and organizational protection were in place at the time of the incident (e.g. encrypted data);
- This would trigger disproportionate efforts (instead a public information campaign or “similar measures” should be relied on so that affected individuals can be effectively informed.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices and in accordance with the GDPR we also agree to the Individuals Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have the right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
4. Service Providers and Analytics
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Your Personal Data are only processed by the authorized personnel.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics ;
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
5. “Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
6. Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
8. Contact Us
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: lns-group.com/privacy